2014 was the hottest year on record. So what does that have to do with disposable diapers?
We used to have cold records often in the early 1900s, but we haven’t had a cold record in over 100 years. 13 of the last 15 years were the hottest on record. Check out this stunning short video from Climate Central…
I think this other video from Climate Central illustrates global warming best…
Wow! Really concerning, don’t you think? We need action to reduce carbon emissions in any way possible. So what does this have to do with disposable diapers? Deforestation adds more carbon dioxide to the atmosphere than the sum total of all cars and trucks on the world’s roads… and over 1 billion trees are cut down each year to produce disposable diapers. Choosing cloth diapers for your baby means upwards of 8,000 diapers need not come from the world’s depleting forests. The raw materials required to keep one baby in disposable diapers for a year include more than 136 kg of wood, 23 kg of petroleum and 9 kg of chlorine. Click here to learn more about cloth vs disposable diapers.
A huge thank you to all families who have chosen to cloth diaper their children! Both David and I at Wonderwear take pride in our small role towards helping reduce deforestation by offering an alternative to disposable diapers. We take the work out of cloth diapering while saving you money vs disposables!
At Wonderwear, we are very conscious of our carbon footprint. Our latest technology washers and dryers are the most energy efficient available ensuring less water/energy use and our vehicles use bluetec technology to reduce carbon emissions.
And for those that still deny global warming is real or not man-made, the chances that this heat record trend is NOT being caused by human carbon pollution are…
1 in 27 Million!
- Deforestation contributes more to global warming than all cars and trucks on the world’s roads - November 12, 2016
- These are not the cloth diapers your parents remember! - September 15, 2016
- Early potty training is a BIG money saver! How?.. Cloth diaper your baby - June 22, 2016
- 3 major complaints families have about cloth diapering… - March 22, 2016
- 2 Important Reasons to Say NO to Disposable Diapers - January 2, 2016
- Say no to diaper cakes! Consider cloth diaper service gift certificates for your registry or as a baby shower gift. - March 24, 2015
- 2014 was the hottest year on record. So what does that have to do with disposable diapers? - February 4, 2015
- Exploring cloth diaper materials - December 2, 2014
- Have you considered a doula? - November 18, 2014
- A cloth diaper service is cheaper than disposables! - November 4, 2014